Hizb ut Tahrir East Africa strongly condemns the evil acts of some Christians in Tunduma (south-western Tanzania bordering Zambia) who demolished parts of Masjid Jamaa and Masjid Faswahia and attempted to burn them down, simply out of enmity and desecration to the houses of worship. Through the Communications Committee, Hizb has sent an official delegation of two members to deliver a special letter to the Imams of the affected mosques and Muslims of the area.
The letter touched on the following:
1. Destruction of mosques and arson attempts are a tragedy to the entire Muslim community and not only for the Tunduma Muslims. This is because we are one Ummah and mosques have a high place in Islam as they are houses of Allah Taala.
2. The enmity against Muslims is a result of the international enmity from non-Muslims led by America. It has reached the point of inciting and dragging ‘useless Kuffar’ in our area to gain courage and show enmity towards us like the act of demolishing and intent to burn down mosques.
3. Democratic governments have naturally failed to harness good relations between the public and instead use religion when they want to achieve political interests. They are later dumped when they sense interests will not be achieved.
4. The democratic system has failed to guarantee security for property and houses of worship as it is a system that does not truly care for the public or religion.
5. Today, Muslims lack the Islamic state of Khilafah to protect Muslims and their identities among them being mosques. This attempt to burn down mosques in Tunduma is a small example of the many mosques which have been demolished and Muslims have lost their lives. Lest we forget that the holy mosque of Al-Quds is in the hands of Jews who by day and night plot the desecration of the mosque by digging tunnels underneath it.
6. To the Muslims of Tunduma and other areas who are faced with these plots and enmity by non-Muslims, we should not lose direction and become dragged into breaking Islamic laws. It is an obligation that we must adhere to Islam and its Hukm in every action undertaken.
7. Despite the small number of Muslims in Tunduma in relation to other areas, they should not despair or view themselves as isolated since Muslims are one Ummah wherever they are. Therefore, it is a must that Muslims should be confident as even when a Muslim is alone, he should be confident as he follows the true path. Based on this, the event should stimulate Muslims to propagate Islam as a complete way of life with solutions for everything. With this Dawah, they should especially impress upon the ‘enlightened Christians’ the Islamic Hukm on relations with non-Muslims (Dhimmi) so as to deeply understand the justice of Islam. Either, they show non-Muslims that the problem today is the Kufr democratic system which creates enmity between the public instead of uniting them based on mutual understanding.
In conclusion, Hizb ut Tahrir East Africa invites all to work towards the obligation of restoring the Islamic state of Khilafah which alone will guarantee security of property, life and houses of worship for Muslims and non-Muslims.
Deputy Media Representative
Hizb ut Tahrir East Africa
04 Jumada Al-Thani 1434 AH
REF: 09/1434 AH